Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 03:10 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Glinks and Ewiki plugins

Euan

Forum User
Hi guys,

I've been rather too busy to do anything much about my plugins, but there are a couple of updates coming:

Ewiki: a few people have been contacting me about spam on the ewiki plugin, so an update is almost ready. I've updated the ErfurtWiki included to the latest version, added security groups for viewing, editing and administering the plugin (not necessarily all used right now, but for the future...), and am now putting the final touches to it. It should be ready this coming week.

Glinks: Bas at Beeweb.nl wanted links to associate with topics, so I've dug out the code and almost completed a release version. I know that Trinity has separated the links functionality out of Geeklog into a plugin, which is where I started too, but I'm not sure if that plugin allows hierarchical links. Glinks does, for those who want that. It also has lots of new bits and peices, like RSS category feeds for blocks, and a function that you can call from static pages to create almost any selection of links for a block.

Things to do: no time. If someone wants to take this any run, you have the code in the downloads section. Please let me know if you want to take it over. It has lots of potential, I think.

The future in general: I'm really too busy to commit time to regular plugin development, so if anyone wants to either (a) work together on Glinks/Ewiki/ThingsToDo, or (b) take any of them over, that's fine with me. Just drop me a line by email.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by euan: I know that Trinity has separated the links functionality out of Geeklog into a plugin, which is where I started too, but I'm not sure if that plugin allows hierarchical links.

It doesn't, it's still pretty much the same as the current link section, only it's a plugin now.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:10 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content