Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 08:46 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forward slashes in user comments

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
Sure it's nothing major .... when a user makes a comment there are forward slashes in the article which makes it look untidy. Feel sure its a php.ini setting but which one?

Marites

Text Formatted Code
//
Authored by: // mm20005 on // Wednesday, July 20 2005 @ 05:17 PM BST
//
good for the cbcp finally they realized to stay out of politics.
//
[ // Reply to This // | Delete | 209.86.130.92 ]
//

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Are those really forward slash or backslashes? In the case of backslashes, check if you have magic_quotes_runtime = on in your php.ini and switch it off.

bye, Dirk

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks Dirk will check that out ... it is these slashes btw // the ones you can see in my pasted quote from a posting.

It is already off btw so must be something else ... any ideas.

Regards

Tess

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It surely is odd ... Is this only happening in comments or also elsewhere?

From the places where it inserts the slashes, it looks like some sort of code change near the set_var call is causing this.

Wild guess: Try replacing the lib-common.php with a fresh copy. Maybe whatever you used to edit lib-common.php last time inserted those slashes (so be sure to use another editor this time).

bye, Dirk

Marites

Forum User
Chatty
It seems to only be happening in the comments added by members.

This was my own thought that one of the template files was picking up a REM line but I really didn't know what template file to look at.

I have not edited lib-common when I do I use a UNIX text editor or a pro php editor the one recommended by Zend.

Will keep looking

Tess

Quote by Dirk: It surely is odd ... Is this only happening in comments or also elsewhere?

From the places where it inserts the slashes, it looks like some sort of code change near the set_var call is causing this.

Wild guess: Try replacing the lib-common.php with a fresh copy. Maybe whatever you used to edit lib-common.php last time inserted those slashes (so be sure to use another editor this time).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:46 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content