Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 05:08 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Weather Plug-in Help

jsgoodrich

Anonymous
tired
I am having some trouble with the Weather Plug-in not working right.

The Weather Block shows up on my website and is working fine. But when You click on the Forecast link it goes to a blank page. Setting link works but when I go in to select region and select US then go to click on a Show link I get the same blank page.

Before someone post you have PHP error reporting off. It is on because when I break other code or pulgins I get PHP errors. I do not know where to start to track this down.

Does anyone have any thoughts that might point me in the right direction.

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
For my weather, I just use AccuWeather information.

I signed up to be a "partner" with them, and once approved, they provided me with a link, which I input into a normal block.

It can be seen at
http://www.scimatedu.com/gssm/public_html

John

jsgoodrich

Anonymous
Thankyou for the TIP but I have spent a couple of hours on this and would like to figure this out.

Xorg.us

Anonymous
Make sure you are using version 2.0

jsgoodrich

Anonymous
The verision that I have installed is weather_2.0_1.3.8.

Is there are new ver. that I do not know about it?

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
That plugin was developed by Squatty who no longer maintains the code and it has not been picked up by any other devs.

It is fantastic work but really is no longer supported by the dev. You may want to look over at www.squatty.com and see if his forums have your answer. I would not however expect an answer.

Rustifer

Anonymous
I installed this today, and here's what I can tell ya.

First, I'm running a non-standard install; my geeklog directory is under the html root because of my server setup. I had to change the references in /weather/index.php to use path-references and not hard coded relative references. I'm presuming you got that taken care of.

In the weather/index file, it uses file() to open the url and acquire the 7 day forecast data; are fopen wrappers enabled on your server?

jsgoodrich

Anonymous

First, I'm running a non-standard install; my geeklog directory is under the html root because of my server setup.

My install is non-standard aswhile. I have

/srv/www/geeklog (not public)
/srv/www/htdocs (public)

I had to change the references in /weather/index.php to use path-references and not hard coded relative references.

I had to change them also.

I'm presuming you got that taken care of.

Yes

In the weather/index file, it uses file() to open the url and acquire the 7 day forecast data; are fopen wrappers enabled on your server?

Yes, In my PHP.ini file fopens are set to on.

I am still having trouble with this if anyone as any thoughts. I just did a upgrade to Suse 9.3 PHP 5 and Apache 2 last weekend.

So now I am back working on this problem.

jsgoodrich

Anonymous
UPDATE

After my third complete remove and reinstall of the plugin here is what I have found. The forcast link works for the first 20 min. Then after it it just stops working.

Anyone run into this problem?

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:08 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content