Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, July 27 2024 @ 06:07 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Suggestion

Peregrine

Anonymous
On the geeklog site I've been working on, I've replaced the {menu_elements} with:

Text Formatted Code
                <table border="0" align="right">
                        <COLGROUP span="9" width="80*"></COLGROUP>
                        <tr align="center">
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/">Home</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/gallery/"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/gallery/">Gallery</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/submit.php?type=story"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/submit.php?type=story">Post</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/links.php"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/links.php">Links</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/calendar.php"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/calendar.php">Calendar</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/search.php"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/search.php">Search</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/filemgmt/index.php"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/filemgmt/index.php">Downloads</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/forum/index.php"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/forum/index.php">Forums</a></td>
                                <td class="navigation-bar" onClick='window.location.href="/stats.php"' onMouseOver="this.style.backgroundColor='#2A2535'" onMouseOut="this.style.backgroundColor='#1E1929'"><a href="/stats.php">Site Info</a></td>
                <tr>
                </table>

What I wish was a way to use a function so I could only have that show once a user is logged in. Something like:

{ReqUserLogin}Home{/ReqUserLogin}

So what would happen in effect would be that the line would only be compiled into the page by geeklog if the user was logged in. As far as I can find, there is no way to do this.

machinari

Forum User
why not just edit the appropriate template files, e.g., menuitem.thtml, etc... Then you can control (via config.php) what links require a member to be logged in before it is displayed. It's all set up for this already--and without hardcoding your menu.

unless I've misunderstood what you are trying to accomplish.

machinari

Forum User
otherwise, any PHP in the header.thtml will be parsed so yes, you could just check if the current $_USER['uid'] is more than 1. or something like that

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Maybe {allowed_menu_elements} is what you're looking for?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:07 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content