Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 12:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

index.php in separate directory

Anonymous
Is there any (easy) way to configure geeklog to have the index.php file in a separate directory from the other web files? I'd like to have index.php in my document root, with the other web files in a subdirectory named geeklog.

I know that I can use .htaccess to redirect to an index file in the geeklog directory, but I don't wish to do so.

Any other ways?

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
There isn't really a good way of doing this besides some .htaccess magic. Geeklog assumes all the php files in public_html will remain in the same directory (though you can change the name of the directory and move around some of its sub directories).

Do you mind if I ask why you would like to see this? Knowing what you're trying to accomplish, we might be able to present another solution.

-Vinny

drshakagee

Forum User
What I did when I wanted to make something similar is to just duplicate the index.php in the main root folder (keeping the original in the Geeklog "public_html" folder), then make sure to change the line at the top about including lib-common to point to the real lib-common and your good to go.

When people hit the home button it still goes to public_html/index.php but when people go to yoursite.com it shows the new index that you made.

For an example check out MentalStout.com document root and check out MentalStout.com public_html
Yes I am mental.

Anonymous
cheerful
Thank you both so much. I was so close the other night...I just needed to change the path to lib-common as you said, drshakagee. This does exactly what I needed...thanks again!

I really appreciate the kind help. Very Happy

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content