Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 02:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

url redirection and sitemap...

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
I edited the url redirection preference in the config.php file but I am not noticing the difference show up in my url bar... any thoughts on this? Also i found the sitemap.php file but can not find any documentation on how to properly install it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. thanks...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by inquest750: I edited the url redirection preference in the config.php file but I am not noticing the difference show up in my url bar... any thoughts on this?

Well, try a static page from the admin's list of static pages or a story from the admin's list of stories. The link there (the links to the actual pages / stories, not the links to edit them) should be "rewritten" now.

Quote by inquest750: Also i found the sitemap.php file but can not find any documentation on how to properly install it. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. thanks...

Just upload it and add a link to it somewhere, e.g. in your header.thtml, footer.thtml, or from a block.

bye, Dirk

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
thanks for the help Dirk, I am notcing something else now... i am able to get the SEO friendly links to show up, however when i click on them the entire right pane is disappearing, have you experienced this before? thanks...

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What do you mean by "right pane"? Articles don't display the right blocks anyway and you can enable / disable right blocks individually for each static page.

bye, Dirk

inquest750

Forum User
Regular Poster
I have the right blocks enabled for all pages that's why I don't understand why they are not displaying...

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content