Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:08 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

First step

dumb

Anonymous
confused
Sorry friends but i'm thinkin that i'm an dumb, because i try many times but i failed to install geeklog, but i think problem is in lycos, i was create a lycos account to try geeklog. I read all instructions and faq's but i cannot install that, if there is a friend that succeded to install geeklog on lycos spaces please helps me.

here is my mail address : skatal@gmail.com any help will be appreciative

Sorry about my bad english grammar

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It would help if you mentioned what the actual problem is. And a quick search for "Lycos" reveals that it's not too easy to install Geeklog there because of all the restrictions they impose.

And finally, and because yours just happens to be second post in a row where someone asked for an email reply: This is not nice. If you can post here, you can read here. The discussion of your problem may help others - which is not possible when the discussion is via private email.

bye, Dirk

dumb

Anonymous
Sorry dirk you are right, but i was think that someone will mails me an article about this.

This is my error, i think, here is my url:http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal/
Warning: main(): Unable to access /path/to/geeklog/config.php in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/s/e/r/sertackatal/htdocs/public_html/lib-common.php on line 69

Warning: main(/path/to/geeklog/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/s/e/r/sertackatal/htdocs/public_html/lib-common.php on line 69
...and more lines comes Embarassed

note: i make an mistake and post an new topic for reply, Doh! - that was a mistake , my nickname is dump so i can do these stupid things Laughing

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Now that problem has nothing to do with Lycos: You simply forgot to set the path to your config.php in lib-common.php (line 69, as it says in the error message).

bye, Dirk

(I'm going to delete the other thread)

dumb

Anonymous
Sorry but i cannot complete this line "Edit lib-common.php and change the require_once() at the top to point to the location of your config.php file"

i cannot find any require_once() line on edit lib-common or config files, sorry but i think ithis is about my english, i cannot understand

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by dumb: Sorry but i cannot complete this line "Edit lib-common.php and change the require_once() at the top to point to the location of your config.php file"

Open lib-common.php, go to line 69. You'll see
Text Formatted Code
require_once( '/path/to/geeklog/config.php' );

bye, Dirk

dumb

Anonymous
I'm sorry about bothering you but thnx alot Dirk.
I already have problems but i'll try more before asking them.

dumb

Anonymous
Here is my conf.php
Text Formatted Code

// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
// | (1) Database Settings                                                     |
// +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+

$_DB_host         = 'http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal/';   // host name or IP address of your DB server
$_DB_name         = 'sertackatal_uk_db';     // name of your database,
                                   // must exist before running the installer!
$_DB_user         = 'sertackatal';    // MySQL user name
$_DB_pass         = '';    // MySQL password

// The table prefix is prepended to each table used by Geeklog to avoid name
// collisions with other tables that may already exist in your database.
$_DB_table_prefix = 'gl_';         // e.g. 'gl_'

// | (2) Paths                                                                 |

// Note for Windows users: It's safe to use the forward slash '/' instead of
// the backslash '\' in paths. Make sure each path starts with a drive letter!

// This should point to the directory where your config.php file resides.
$_CONF['path']            = 'http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal/'; // should end in a slash

// You only need to change this if you moved or renamed the public_html
// directory. In that case, you should specify the complete path to the
// directory (i.e. without the $_CONF['path']) like this:
// $_CONF['path_html']      = 'http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal/public_html/';
$_CONF['path_html']         = $_CONF['path'] . 'http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal/public_html/';

// | (3) Site Settings                                                         |

// Make sure this is the correct URL to your site, i.e. to where Geeklog's
// index.php file resides (no trailing slash).
$_CONF['site_url']          = 'http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal/';

// Some hosting services have a preconfigured admin directory. In that case,
// you need to rename Geeklog's admin directory to something like "myadmin"
// and change the following URL as well. Leave as is until you experience any
// problems accessing Geeklog's admin menu.
$_CONF['site_admin_url']    = $_CONF['http://members.lycos.co.uk/sertackatal'] . '/admin';

// This is the return address for all email sent by Geeklog:
$_CONF['site_mail']         = 'fyndhern@gmail.com';

// Name and slogan of your site
$_CONF['site_name']         = 'weblogsystem';
$_CONF['site_slogan']       = 'under-cons.';

and here is my error
Text Formatted Code

Parse error: parse error in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/s/e/r/sertackatal/htdocs/public_html/lib-common.php on line 69

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'lib-story.php' (include_path='.:/data/apache/php/mmp_lib') in /data/members/free/tripod/uk/s/e/r/sertackatal/htdocs/public_html/index.php on line 38

praying it will work

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
It says "parse error in lib-common.php", so posting your config.php won't help ...

And before you quote your lib-common.php here (please don't): It also mentions line 69, which is the require_once line I quoted above. So the problem is there.

Make sure to enclose the path in single quotes and to end the line with a semicolon. Basically, make sure that line looks like it did before, only with your path in it.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:08 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content