Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 04:50 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

WebHosting for GL site

HostNeeded

Anonymous
I have been using phpwebhosting.com for a while now (3 years) and I have been unhappy with their customer service..

I am looking for a webhost that supports PHP, mySQL, has EXCELLENT customer service (ie. they actually reply to your requests!) and is reasonably cheap. I run a low traffic website. 500 megs and 80gigs transfer is enough for me.

Recommendations?

beewee

Forum User
The hosting company supplying/sponsoring www.opensourcecms.com seems OK, and they set up Geeklog for free I believe.
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

bcbrock

Forum User
Chatty
I do all my own hosting so I haven't used this personally, but I've heard really good things about pSek Hosting.
~Brian

asmaloney

Forum User

I asked a question about a specifc host [Dreamhost] over on this thread. I looked into both Dreamhost and Sloth_Boy's recommendation [hostingplex.com]. The hostingplex solution looked better for my purposes, though I haven't made a decision yet.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I emailed back and forth with both companies and they were both very helpful.

- Andy

LWC

Forum User
How about Westhost? (BTW, why did I have to manually use an a href code?)

Their packages give you endless features and virtual (aka VPS) root.
Even their cheapest package is more than enough.

Oh yea, other than replying via e-mail (and phone, although I've never tried it), they have a livechat, which I use a lot.

If you do end up using them, I wouldn't mind giving you my details so you can specify me as your referrer...;-)

falkon

Forum User
Junior
I use Hostingmatters. Their price may be slightly more than you can find elsewhere but, their customer service (evidenced by this post) makes it worth the little extra. Plus, they provide Fantastico for scripted installations of Geeklog, Gallery, and many others.

DTrumbower

Forum User
If you want full control, I would go with Linode.

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I run EZserver.biz

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I am currently redoing my billing systems front end so the order form is broken right now .... LOL

Just my two cents

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:50 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content