Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 10:00 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Pear Error

Turner

Forum User
Chatty
As I shared a few days ago, my site is unable to send emails (GL 1.3.11 - SMTP). It seems MOST user accounts (all but my own and one other) produce the following error:

(date) - [pear_error: message="unable to add recipient [noformatproblemhere@aol.com]: Invalid response code received from server" code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

I have tried using the pear version available on this site, but only with the same result. My site name has no '.' in it. In fact I have changed only one thing: the linux op sys. This all started AFTER I moved the site from Redhat 9 to Fedora Core 3. Anyone else had this problem?

-Jeff

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
I'm not sure what to make of that error, but see if this thread gives you some ideas ...

bye, Dirk

Turner

Forum User
Chatty
Thanks Dirk. I had already read the thread. I worked around the issue by using sendmail instead.

(for the benefit of someone else.)

I was using my ISP's (ISP1) mail server to send messages. Everything worked well until I moved my web server to another location the web connection of which is provided by another ISP (ISP2). ISP1's mail server will relay only mail from ISP1's IP addresses UNLESS the sending account authenticates. Since I was able to sucessfully set up an email client while on ISP2's IP, I assumed I would be able to do likewise with a Geeklog server. The difference here, of course, is PEAR. I think the GL server sent the proper authentication parameters, but on domains that are not governed by ISP1, ISP1's mail server seems to send back codes that PEAR does not quite like. So PEAR fails to permit mail on these domains. No time to deal with it. Used sendmail at the GL server and all is well.

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:00 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content