Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 06:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

problems installing plugins - I can't find a solution elsewhere on this site

flowerbot

Anonymous
tired
I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me. I've successfully installed Version 1.3 of GL. I'm trying to install the journal and the projects plug ins and get a slightly different error on each. I've searched through the forums, read all the faqs and help docs I can find, but still I don't know what's going wrong. The plugins appear available for installation from the plugins page, but the installation doesn't complete.

Projects error:

Sun Apr 24 08:32:43 2005 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PRIMARY KEY (uid, proj_id)) TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1. SQL in question:
Sun Apr 24 08:32:43 2005 - Error Creating projects table
Sun Apr 24 08:32:43 2005 - Removing projects.view feature and rights to it
Sun Apr 24 08:32:43 2005 - ...success

Journal Error:

Sun Apr 24 08:35:21 2005 - Attempting to install the Journal Plugin
Sun Apr 24 08:35:21 2005 - Attempting to create table journal for Journal plugin
Sun Apr 24 08:35:21 2005 - 1067: Invalid default value for 'jrn_id'. SQL in question:

Cheers ...

flowrbot

Anonymous
OK, so nobody replied, but I managed to get the plugins to install.

The journal plugin table setup code had a default value for the auto increment fields for 2 of the tables, when I removed this, they installed OK.

The projects plugin had an extra comma in the 'CREATE TABLE' code, when I remove this, it installed OK.

Now I have new problems to resolve, I've searched around and can't find anything, maybe you know the answer:

For the journal plugin, I can't add a new journal. Instead of the form posting to itself (as indicated by $PHP_SELF), its posting to a shortened URL instead of the full path.

Example:

Instead of posting to 'http://www.mysite//blog/admin/journal/index.php', its trying to post to 'http://blog/admin/journal/index.php'.

I've tried to edit the functions.inc code to get the correct URL for posting, but so far the only thing I can think of is to hardcode the page with my URL, but I only want to do this as a last resort ...

I guess I will figure this out eventually, but if you know the answer, please let me know.

The projects plugin is installed now, but it doesn't do anything, doesn't appear anywhere to add a project, doesn't have an option to be shown in the blocks, just shows a list containing the author's project which is only available from the plugins manager page. I may have missed a step, or it might rely on another plugin, I'll have to check it out, if you can put me out of my misery with a quick answer, please do.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Make sure you have register_globals = on and if you're on PHP 5, see Geeklog on PHP 5

bye, Dirk

flowerbot

Anonymous
Thanks Dirk
I took your advice, it didn't seem to make any difference setting register_long_arrays = On (register_globals was already on) (I did this before I checked - i have PHP ver 4.3.11 so it was probably irrelevant). Since I don't have PHP 5, I didn't bother with the CVS fixes.

I've installed the filemgmt & dailyquote plugins and they both work fine, but what I really want is the journal plugin to work.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will keep trying. If I get the solution I will post it here.

Cheers

flowerbot

Anonymous
happy
I got the journals working by replacing the reference to $PHP_SELF in the form action line in the journal functions.inc file to:

Text Formatted Code
"<form action="" . $_CONF["site_url"] . "journal/index.php" . "" method="post">";

I changed 3 form references in all.

$PHP_SELF seems to be working ok in the href tags, just not with the Form Submit? Can anyone tell me why this might be?

mr_theology

Forum User
i have folowed all the advice listed here and am still having troubles getting the journal to work can some one please help me mr@mrtheology.com
Mr Theology

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content