Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 08:59 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

E-mail of story

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
caffeinated
Hi. I read through all the help doc and changed my config to sendmail. Originally was mail. I still cannot get this function to work. Run on Apache. Any ideas? Thanks, William
William Brandes Consulting
www.wbrandes.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Do the other email functions work? Anything in your error.log? Maybe a spam filter on the receiver's end?

bye, Dirk

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
caffeinated
Dirk. Thanks for the quick reply. I use SpamPal but all goes into another folder so I would see it if that was the case. I am testing by sending mail to myself.

The Mail Users admin function does work.

But, have a question here. There is an intermediate successful send page after using Mail Users. Am I supposed to get something like this when I send a story? I don't. Just takes me back to the story after "supposedly" sending the mail. Still puzzled. Thanks. William
www.wbrandes.com

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
caffeinated
To answer my own question. I sent a story off of this site to myself. It was received and there isn't an intermediate page. Still puzzled. I have 3 sites set up with GeekLog and none of them work with the E-mail story function. I looked at the source and the <form> points to the same profiles.php file. William
www.wbrandes.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Yes, there is no "email sent" message - which is a bit inconsequential since Geeklog displays such a message in all the other cases were it sends an email.

Not sure why you don't get the email. If you're on Geeklog 1.3.10 or later and the other email functions work, then this one should work, too.

bye, Dirk

williambrandes

Forum User
Junior
caffeinated
Dirk. You said it should work and you're right. For some reason it is now working on all sites. I can't explain it. But, I'm happy. Thanks for the mail-backs. William
www.wbrandes.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:59 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content