Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 05:31 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Very strange thing...two sites login instead of one!

CTA

Anonymous
caffeinated
Yo. I'm running three Geeklog sites on one hosting account. They all have seperate folders, seperate SQL usernames and passwords and are completely seperate except for residing on the same hosting account. Today I realized that if log in to one site...I'm automatically logged in to all three! Now this only happens to me using Safari on an iMac, not on Windows that I've found. I was working on one site, TD, visited another site, BF, and saw I was logged in on BF. I logged out there, went back to TD and was suddenly logged out there too! It was the strangest thing. Just though I'd bring it up if anyone had any ideas. This will never be a real problem for me I don't think, it just made me scratch my head.

Stranger

Forum User
Hi,

I have been expiriencing similar result, before I have created different config files for each of the sub sites.

After I have created individual config, I went into each config and gave cookies different names. Aka this:

For sub site 1: cookies name: ‘site_1’ in config for site 1
For sub site 2: cookies name: ‘site_2’ in config for site 2
Etc.

I had also to make correct referancies in each lib-common for each sub site.

I am not sure, if you have the same reason of cross-logging.

Br

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
If you're running more than one site on the same domain (and same subdomain, i.e. in different directories), then you should set the $_CONF['cookie_path'] in the config.php files to the respective directories.

But even then it shouldn't log you in automatically. I guess I'll have to have a word with the sessions code ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:31 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content