Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 08:56 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Installing Gallery...screw this

ohNoes!

Anonymous
Are you serious? Getting gallery installed looks like hell. First you have to install it on its own? Ok, which version? Gallery 2 or 1.5? They seem to be completely different builds. Then to install it, you have to first compile and install some other program for dealing with image files on the web server, and THEN install something else that puts Gallery inside the GL code? You've got to be kidding...there's got to be just some simple photo gallery program for GL...

stupid

Anonymous
It was so easy installing Gallery wrapped within GL I don't really understand what your problem is.

drshakagee

Forum User
I think you are reading too much into the Gallery install. All you need to do is upload Gallery (any version less then 2.0 which is still beta 1.5-RC2 works great), to your server and run the install script, fill out the forms that allow you to customize your install, make sure you add the path to your geeklog install in the field that asks for it, and your good to go.

If your server doesn't have any image libraries then you will have to install one (GD or imagemagick or netPBM which ever you prefer), most commercial servers include imagemagick and or GD, and I believe GD is installed by default with PHP. If you can run Geeklog on your server then more then likely you can run Gallery.

Gallery is much easier to install and integrate with Geeklog, then it is to install Geeklog by itself itself.
Yes I am mental.

ohNoes!

Anonymous
Ok...and where is the install script? There's no install.php file anywhere...

drshakagee

Forum User
http://www.example.com/gallery/setup/index.php
Yes I am mental.

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:56 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content