Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 09:26 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Upgrading to ver. 1.3.11

Pauly

Anonymous
I just installed Geeklog. It was quite easy by using Fantastico included in my host's Cpanel. The downside is that the Geeklog that was installed is the old 1.3.9sr2 version.

Before I start working on my site, I want to upgrade to the new 1.3.11 version.

In non-techie terms, what is the EASIEST way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Start with reading the instructions and come back if you have any specific questions.

bye, Dirk

Pauly

Anonymous
Hi Dirk...Ok, I read that installation guide and spent the last 2hours overwriting the old files with the new files. Configuring the config.php and the lib-common file and completing the install by opening the install.php in the browser. I received an i"nstallation was a success" message.

But now my geeklog site or the admin panel won't load up. This is the message I'm getting:

Warning: main(classes/timer.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mvnstat/public_html/lib-common.php on line 159

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'classes/timer.class.php' (include_path=':.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mvnstat/public_html/lib-common.php on line 159

Please help!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What do you have for $_CONF['path'] in your config.php?

bye, Dirk

Pauly

Anonymous
Nevermind....fixed it. Thanks Dirk.

jbrazeal

Forum User
This is the error I just got trying to upgrade my site to 1.3.11

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/getreal/public_html/lib-common.php on line 6104

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: plg_templatesetvars() in /home/getreal/public_html/lib-common.php on line 963

I followed the instructions for upgrading, what gives?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Are you sure you replaced all the files? My guess is that you missed at least a few in the systems directory (specifically lib-plugins.php, but maybe others as well).

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:26 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content