Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, April 29 2024 @ 11:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Template Error (Not Path!!)

grrr

Anonymous
blah
Template Error: filename: file /home/swift2/public_html/layout/Project_XU1/archivestorytext.thtml does not exist.
Halted.

I extracted the Project_XU1 tarball into my public_html/layout folder and changed the config.php file to point at "Project_XU1" instead of "Professional," now I'm getting this error. What am I doing wrong?

machinari

Forum User
not all themes work with later versions of geeklog. Some will have to be updated, which usually means supplying a few files, such as the one your error is pointing to. the easiest way is to copy over the missing files (there will be more than one) from the professional theme (or some working thems) into your theme folder. viola

there is a faq on it somewhere

grrrr

Anonymous
thanks, will try

Blaine

Forum User
In the case of the two archive related template files, it best to not copy them from another theme. The reason is that other themes may have a different layout (HTML AND CSS) for the story formatting. In the case of other missing templates in older themes, one can usually just copy the missing templates from the professional theme as Machinari indicated.

The archive templates (there are 2) will in most cases be 100% the same as the main story templates. We created the new set we added the story archive feature so that site could theme the arhive story format to highlight the difference.

There is a matching set of story templates for the featured story, standard story and now the archive stories. Just copy the files and change the names.

storytext.thtml => archivestorytext.thtml
storybodytext.thtml => archivestorybodytext.thtml

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content