Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 10:13 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Has anyong definitively fixed the IE cookie issue?

OldPueblo

Forum User
I've done a lot of searching and I don't think I've seen anyone resolve the IE cookie issue that's having the same problem I am. I've read the FAQ, tried a few things, but still no go. I am very new to CMS and PHP but have a good aptitude to learn if I can find the answers. A thousand apologies if I've missed a step, but here's my scenario:

No issues whatsoever when using Firefox and when using the actual URL for where the Geeklog site sits. The only time we login but still have the login prompt is when we login via the URL that redirects (forward/mask) to our site. If we add the site to our IE privacy report, it works fine. But I'd like to do whatever is necessary to just have it work since many users aren't smart enough to do that or will lower their IE cookie settings which I'd rather not have them do. I've tried every combination I can think of in the cookiedomain section of the config.php (real domain and redirected one) and I've cleared the white space out of the files I found via searching here. It seems to be that it has to be something simple in the config.php or something that I just don't know the right parameters to plugin. Anyone?

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:13 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content