Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 09:52 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum-Can't Add Categories

clope

Forum User
Hi,

I have GL v1.3.11 and Forum v2.3. I was able to install Forum successfully (I think!). I'm getting the "Last 5" Forum PHP block on my home page; I can access the Forum admin stuff via the admin tool (as well as my other plugins are working), so I'm confident that my paths are correct, however I am not able to save any General Settings criteria (e.g. Name of Forum; settings, etc).

I am also not able to add Forum categories. When I attempt either of the two changes above, I'm sent straight back to the home page.

I checked the database and it appears that the forum fields were created in the database...I can manually add in a category there (however it can't be edited from the Forum admin section of GL). I'm at a loss as to what is causing this.

I have checked the permissions of my folders and they seem in order. I've even tried chmod'ing my Forum folders/files to 777 to see if that would work, but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Tsepesh

Anonymous
I am having this exact same issue, I suspect forum 2.3.2 isnt yet upaded to work 100% with GL 1.3.11

Blaine

Forum User
The forum most certainly works with GL 1.3.11 - maybe you did not notice it working on this site Wink

I suspect you don't have PHP Register globals enabled

Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:52 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content