Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 04:15 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Safari Issue

madmacks

Forum User
Hello...

I just got my GL set-up running and have a couple of issues. I'd appreciate anyones help.

I've been using Safari and everything seemed to work fine until I tried to log into the admin services area. When I did that, I received the following "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Library/Apache2/htdocs/test/geeklog/public_html/lib-common.php(973) : eval()'d code on line 1". No big deal...so I opened up auth.inc.php to look for spaces on line 115. Nothing, no problem at all. I use VI as my editor so I know I hadn't added white space to the end of the files I'd edited during the install process. But just in case I reviewed all the files I'd touched during the install. Everything looked OK.

So, I came to this site and searched around, found several possibilities, and tried them. Nothing worked. I then saw a posting about some people having problems with Safari so I tried Firefox, and the first time I logged into the Admin area, I got the same error message, BUT I was able to log in anyway (I saw the admin tools on the page). And now when I log in using Firefox, I no longer get the errors at all.

In either case (Safari or Firefox) I've been able to log into the "regular" area without any problems.

So, does anyone have any ideas why there'd be a difference in how Safari accepts an HTML stream from a server vs Firefox? Is Firefox simply ignoring the error, but it's still there, and Safari doesn't. Right now I can do admin things with Firefox but not Safari and I don't want to have to use a specific browser when I or other other admin users administer my site.

OBTW, my current brower clients are Macs running OS X 10.3.8, and my server is also a Mac running OS X 10.3.8 with Apache2 (2.0.52) and PHP (4.3.9). Shocked

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:15 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content