Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 08:10 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Most recent versions of plugins (faq and file)

RickW

Forum User
There are two plugins I would like to install on my site. I know there was mention of a FAQ manager I would like to try out, and also a download manager. In the downloads section I saw there is an EasyFile plugin - is that the name for the download manager, or someone else's version? Can someone point me in the right direction(s)?
www.antisource.com

r_f_o_t

Forum User
You can get both from Blaine's site. We use version 1.2 of the file manager. We don't use the FAQ manager, but it's there.

You can also check out Tom's GPlugs site.

HTH,

Chuck
Too many hands on my time.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
There's an update for Blaine's FAQ manager. You may also want to try out the alternative Multi-language FAQ plugin.

bye, Dirk

RickW

Forum User
How does EasyFile compare to Filemgt? Wasn't someone else also making a FAQ Manager, or is that what the Multi-lang one is?

For file management, I'm actually going to be linking to files/pages on other sites - I know there is a trick with the filemgt to accomplish that. Is there something else that would better suit my needs for offsite linking?
www.antisource.com

RickW

Forum User
Okay I have been digging around - I compared Faqman to Multifaq by looking at sites that were using them. Looks like Multifaq will better suit my needs. I'm actually creating an online dictionary for terms used often on my site. Multifaq has a cool way of creating a tree for faq topics and questions, and every link only uses a single variable which is great for seo. FYI There is a newer version than what is listed here, 2.1 at http://tokyoahead.com.

Now to compare easyfile and filemgt...

eidt: Hmm... something is different about 2.1 than the example that I saw. The links contain up to 3 variables. Also all my answers are tagged with "sorry the answer is not available in your language yet". Sad
www.antisource.com

tokyoahead

Anonymous
you have to make sure the language you are entering in the language list of the plugin admin is a part of the language file name that the user is using:

Multifaq Language: german
User Language: german_utf-8

Works!

Multifaq Language: german language
User Language: german_utf-8

does NOT Work!

about the amount of variables: it should be fine with one. I will check if the version I have online is different from the released one and release the current then.

RickW

Forum User
I'm running a default install of gl 1.3.11, and whatever the default is for multifaq 2.1 downloaded from your site. The languaged in the config file was "English" - I checked the geeklog config file and it's set to "english". I set the multifaq config to lowercase "english" too but that doesn't work. I still get the message "Sorry, but there is no translation in your language yet." tagged at the end of all my faq answers.

Would it be easy enough for me to remove the multi-language support? I don't plan on filling out any of those german fields. I'm using your plugin because I prefer it over the other faqman.
www.antisource.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:10 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content