Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 12:52 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

User Function control

buffsr1

Forum User
Is there a way to let just certain users access preferences/calendars/etc on the user function. Say I want certain family members to access most everything and set up a guest login so they can browse pictures and blogs. Does that make sense?

Rosamunda

Anonymous
I think there´s something to do with the usersettings.php file.
But I would love to know what line exactly should I remove to avoid the "preferences" link. I´ve tried, but unsucessfully.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Rosamunda

machinari

Forum User
create a new user group (admin->groups) and add the appropriate right to that group. now add users to that group. now deny rights to everybody else for those things you want viewed only by this group. or something like that.

Rosamunda

Anonymous
I´ve tried that, but I want to restrict the access to "preferences" link on each account.
I can´t do that. Is there a way to do it?
I think I´m gonna need to hack the code... but I really need help nere, because I´m totally clueless.
Thanks in advance!
Mr. Green

warren

Forum User
Chatty
What purpose would it searve to eliminate the preferaces link. If you set up a group to only have acces to certine parts of the site then they will not have these options in the prefrences.
If you don't want them to see certine topics/blocks they can not see the topic/block in there preferance setting

Rosamunda

Anonymous
Yeah, I know. But I don´t want the user to exclude himself to read some topics, or avoid looking at the category icons...

Just want that every user see the page the way that I want it to be seen.

Mr. Green

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:52 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content