Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:37 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Block help

Pam

Anonymous
freakingout
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help...
I have just installed Geeklog on my server and I was editing the blocks section. Instead of disabling the Links block, I deleted it (not sure what I was doing!!). I have created a new block for links but the only way I can add new links is to do it manually with html. Is there anyway to get the original links block back so I can update links more easily??

http://main.prldesign.x10hosting.com/new/index.php

Thanks

Pam

machinari

Forum User
is this a block that you created or was it created by a plugin? Was its content maintained by a custom function perhaps? The reason I ask is because I'm not familiar with any native geeklog block called "links." And afaik, native geeklog blocks are not deletable from the block editor--at least the important ones.

Pam

Anonymous
Hmmm, I thought it was automatically in geeklog. I remember deleting something and the example link it had on it was tonybibbs.com.

I deleted it cos I didn't think I'd need links...but it turns out I do now...

Blaine

Forum User
If you delete a link called "tonybibbs.com" then thats' fine. That is a test submission record and part of a new install.

When users (non-admin) submit a new link it has to be approved by the admin first. It goes to the submission queue - seen when you go to the "submissions" link under admin.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

beewee

Forum User
You can add new links automatically in the What's New block, the settings are in config.php
Dutch Geeklog sites about camping/hiking:
www.kampeerzaken.nl | www.campersite.nl | www.caravans.nl | www.caravans.net

Pam

Anonymous
brilliant, thanks guys Very Happy

Pam

Anonymous
Just another quick question! Why does the time on my front page say its 10.15 am when its actually 3.15 pm. I've checked the locale settings and that all seems fine Confused

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by Pam: Why does the time on my front page say its 10.15 am when its actually 3.15 pm.

Geeklog always uses the server's time. So either the time on your server is off or it's located in another timezone.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:37 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content