Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 06:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forms in Static Page

andyofne

Forum User
Chatty
Just the other day I read another post about forms in a static page not working in 1.3.11 but there didn't seem to be any answer.

I have just tried to implement a very simple form in a static page on a site I am building using 1.3.11 and it does not collect the data from the form fields. All i get as an e-mail with the form input names.

I know the form works fine because I created a true static HTML page on the server and tested the form with good results.

Sadly I just don't know enough to realistically troubleshoot this problem. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas?

andyofne

Forum User
Chatty
I would like to offer a follow up.

I have another site that has been upgraded to 1.3.11 and I have a form that works splendidly on THAT site.

There is a difference between the two sites, although they are hosted at the same hosting company: one uses a cgi script called "FormMail.cgi" while the "new" site uses a different cgi script for "security reasons".

If I plug the from from the old site in to a static page on the new site and use the cgi script from the old site everything works fine.

When i use the cgi script on the new host it does not work.

Thanks.

machinari

Forum User
if forms ever do not work in staticpages, it is not the fault of the staticpages plugin--of that you can be sure. it is usually some code not being modified correctly to function within a static page. I see forms in staticpages in many geeklog sites and have implemented them in my own.

The most common problem, which is easily resolved, is the path to various elements within the page's content, like images, or scripts. Because the calls are being made from within the staticpages directory, this must be taken into consideration when using relative paths/urls.
Just my two cents

Xmystic

Forum User
curious
Quote by machinari: The most common problem, which is easily resolved, is the path to various elements within the page's content, like images, or scripts. Because the calls are being made from within the staticpages directory, this must be taken into consideration when using relative paths/urls.
Just my two cents

That was it. Had a relative path.

Got another question though.

I used a phpnuke script I had that used mainfile and header and footer includes.

What includes and such do I need to add to get the submit message within the Geeklog?

How can I get the message to come up in that top block like it does for other functions?

Xmystic

Forum User
happy

Nice solution here

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:55 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content