Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 07:28 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

What Forums do you use with your Geeklog?

RickW

Forum User
I think it would be nice if there was a General Chat category here so we could post questions like this. Smile

What forums do you use?

- Blaine's Forum Plugin
- phpBB
- InvisionBoard
- YaBB
- vBulletin
- FuseTalk

Question
www.antisource.com

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
OK I currently do not use a forum.

However I have in the past and I like the Portal Parts forum the best and Blaines newest one which has not yet been released and is only midway though development looks fantastic.

Yeah the PP forum rocks.

Big Celebration

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by RickW: What forums do you use?

You only have 2 real options: The Forum plugin or the phpBBBridge. Anything else is not integrated and a pain for both your users (who would have to sign up twice) and for the Admin, i.e. for you.

I was running a YaBB forum alongside one of my Geeklog sites for a while. A hack that added every new Geeklog user as a YaBB user made it bearable for a while, but in the end I gave up and converted everything to the forum plugin.

bye, Dirk

RickW

Forum User
Have you used anything else to compare it to?
www.antisource.com

RickW

Forum User
Quote by Dirk:
Quote by RickW: What forums do you use?

You only have 2 real options: The Forum plugin or the phpBBBridge. Anything else is not integrated and a pain for both your users (who would have to sign up twice) and for the Admin, i.e. for you.

I was running a YaBB forum alongside one of my Geeklog sites for a while. A hack that added every new Geeklog user as a YaBB user made it bearable for a while, but in the end I gave up and converted everything to the forum plugin.

bye, Dirk

Yea, that's the real dilemma. It would be cool if the cms/forum community create a standard that allowed everyone to connect to everyone. Basically Geeklog, Mambo, Drupal, etc., phpBB, YaBB, etc. had a GlobalBridge that interfaced with all the other GlobalBridge's. Razz

Now as far as my site is concerned, I actually only really encourage members to sign up for the forum - there are only 3 (including me) that actually write articles. So in my case I could use another forum with little impact on other visitors.
www.antisource.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:28 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content