Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, July 27 2024 @ 02:01 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Small GL2 suggestions

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Right now the search function in GL 1.3 only looks for words used in stories, static pages or events. It would be nice to be able to add search keywords that don't necessarily show up in the actual text.

Along the same vein, how about being able to list stories in multiple topics, or a main topic and then sub-topics? For instance, let's say I've got a story about a 60 Minutes report on cloning. I could list it under my Television topic, but it's also relevant to Science, and maybe politics or religion.
Say maybe there's a drop down menu or radio buttons for Main Topic, then two or three sub-topics.

Thanks

machinari

Forum User
Quote by xardoz: Right now the search function in GL 1.3 only looks for words used in stories, static pages or events. It would be nice to be able to add search keywords that don't necessarily show up in the actual text.
not sure what you mean there... what would the function be searching in if not the text? If you mean other fields than the main text, then that is simply a function of the plugin and how it makes use of the api.

ScurvyDawg

Forum User
I think he means a keywords field for every story. So even if the story does not have the word it will still come up.

xardoz

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks, Scurvy!

That's exactly what I meant - me no good so sometimes sentences form.

vinny

Site Admin
Admin
Sounds like a good canidate to be a feature request to me.

-Vinny

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:01 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content