Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 02 2024 @ 06:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

webcam into GL?

vbsaltydog

Anonymous
I am thinking of adding a live camera feed into my site that is built on GL.
Is this possible at this time? If not, how might that be done?

Thanks to all,

-vbsaltydog

vadertech

Forum User
very simple. just add iframe code into either staticpage or block. Might need to add iframe to allowable html in config.php
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

drshakagee

Forum User
Quote by vadertech: very simple. just add iframe code into either staticpage or block. Might need to add iframe to allowable html in config.php

I might have changed a config setting or something but on my site I can use any html in a block or static page no matter what the allowable html is.
Yes I am mental.

tstockma

Forum User
And I use a fairly simple method to put a webcam in a right-side block on my site, a cam that I actually grab from another site...but if it were a cam I ran, I could do the same thing, with the updated image uploaded to a statically-located JPG on my site.

I just figure out what the "http://www.whoever.com/whatever.jpg" URL is, then define a left- or right- block, and specify an IMG tag with a size that fits my right-side block. If I want a pop-up with a fullsize image, then great, I put it inside an "a href" tag with a targer= and re-specify the size. In this case I have a link under the image to the guy that lets me use his cam.

I don't know the procedure of how to set up a cam to "load" an image to a website-specific address, nor do I care because I'm using someone else's...the one I use is "updated" every hour via a cam-n-computer set up in a rural area, it opens a dial-up connection & uploads a new image once an hour.

See www.southparkcity.com if you want to see what I've got.
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content