Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 03:49 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

upgrade to 1.3.11 gets plugin errors?

tstockma

Forum User
OK, I'm back on the upgrade trail. I've saved my old htdocs & database off, opened the tarball, editted what I need...before I try the install script, I run the install/check.php script.

And it's getting this:

Warning: main(/usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/plugins/forum/functions.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/htdocs/lib-common.php on line 6106

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/plugins/forum/functions.inc' (include_path='/usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/system/pear/:.:') in /usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/htdocs/lib-common.php on line 6106

My understanding is I'm not supposed to have any plugin files around at this point, so I'm quite puzzled...

Any advice much appreciated!
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

Blaine

Forum User
Are you doing an upgrade?

If so then you database has the installed plugins registered and yes, you would leave all previous installed plugins and related files in-place.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

vadertech

Forum User
Quote by tstockma:My understanding is I'm not supposed to have any plugin files around at this point, so I'm quite puzzled...

Any advice much appreciated!

Actually I said u should do a fresh install with a new database. Once that is working properly, copy your plugins and upload your database data to the new install. create a new database and edit your config.php for it.

Normally, you would just upgrade your database but since you were having problems from last week, try doing a fresh install with new database.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

tstockma

Forum User
Thank you, Blaine, I somehow thought I should copy all files over _after_ running the install script. Newb, ya' know.

Now I have another error message from the plugin-area in the check.php script, any ideas, anyone?

:

Warning: main(/usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/system/lib-portalparts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/plugins/forum/functions.inc on line 50

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/system/lib-portalparts.php' (include_path='/usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/system/pear/:.:') in /usr/local/www/vhosts/southparkcity.com/geeklog-1.3.11/plugins/forum/functions.inc on line 50

I'm on GL 1.3.8-1sr6, upgrading to 1.3.11. Forums is version 2.3. If that's incompatible with my 1.3.11 & this error is due to that, how do you handle that without losing the posts? Disable Forums, upgrade GL, upgrade Forums, then re-enable Forums?

Any thoughts & advice much appreciated!
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

tstockma

Forum User
Thanks, Vadertech, I hadn't seen your post before I hit "submit" just now on my reply. Yep, after Blaine's comment, I carefully re-read your earlier post & realized you did say copy the files, THEN run install.

Now that I know I'm making typical rookie mistakes, I'm still a bit more inclined to keep trying to update rather than go for a fresh (empty) install, as I want to learn how...knowing that I need to copy files _first_ hopefully will resolve anything updating rather than new database was causing.

If I go the route of installing a fresh copy against an empty database, how difficult is it to then move all the old data into the new?

Thanks again for all the help...
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

vadertech

Forum User
Yes keep trying and you will be an expert in no time. Everytime I upgrade, I have to fix some errors here and there. It's common.

Quote by tstockma:how difficult is it to then move all the old data into the new?

very easy if you are using phpmyadmin but could take a long time if you have alot of data.
GeekLog Hosting, Installations and Upgrades - WWW.AWEHOST.COM - Hosting starts @ only $4.95/mo.

vadertech

Forum User
need to move lib-portalparts.php to your new geeklog-1.3.11/system folder. Also forum posts are stored in the database so you will not lose them as long as you have database data.

failed to open file means it is looking for a certain file that is not there. When you see this message just look for what file or directory it is complaining about and copy it over.

tstockma

Forum User
Thanks, that's all encouraging! Especially that we commonly find little things to fix.

And I do have phpmyadmin, so that's an option...I think I'll continue trying to update rather than wipe-all & transfer data, for now.

I'm going to copy the lib-portalparts.php file from where it does exist (./plugins/forum) to where check.php is complaining about (./system) and run it again.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, thanks again!
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

tstockma

Forum User
Woo-hoo!

I hit errors on the Forum's files in the professional layout, because I hadn't done a thing...so I copied those over...OK, now I know that having plugins means upgrades get "interesting"...and the install script worked!

I can hardly believe it.

I'm keeping the site down for the moment, I want a Smooth Blue that'll work with 1.3.11 & also need to remember how to put my own image into the header & small details like that...

But it worked!

Special thanks to Vadertech, Blaine, and Machinari, I couldn't have done it without you. No doubt you'll see a few more posts before I open 'er back up again.

Thanks again, all, when I set aside my rookie mistakes, the process actually wasn't too bad...which is kinda like saying, except for the abrupt ending, my falling off that balcony was pretty much OK...
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by tstockma: I'm keeping the site down for the moment, I want a Smooth Blue that'll work with 1.3.11

Here's one.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:49 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content