Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 01 2024 @ 04:24 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Deleting clasifads

k74

Forum User
curious
Question q.1: I am running 1.3.11 I have installed 7 plugins and they all worked just great. But I had trouble with the installation of clasiffads, it did not come upwith a successful install page. I looked in the error log and found the install successful listed there. I could run the plugin but it was not what I was looking for. I went to delete it and it came up with 'There was an error!' and would not let me delete it, and that was all it said. There was no error log. Is there a way of deleting this plugin without having to do a system restoration?

Question q.2: I did not mind the clasifads plugin except I did not like how any user could edit or delete any ad, even if they did not post it, all users had admin rights? Is it possible to mod this plugin such that admin can only delete and edit, and the submitting user can edit their own submissions, all ads to be placed in a submission queue for admin approval?

Any suggestions?

Regards

Kev Very Happy
Live everyday as if it was your last!

Robin

Forum User
Quote by k74: Is there a way of deleting this plugin without having to do a system restoration?

Yes, however it would require some manual work directly in the DB. Look into install.php of this plugin and then search in the DB for this and delete it. phpMyAdmin would come in handy for this job.
Geeklog Polish Support Team

k74

Forum User
cheerful
Thanks for that Robin I will give it a go

Kev Very Happy
Live everyday as if it was your last!

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:24 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content