Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:30 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

index.php and public_html/

deesh123

Anonymous
Here is a noob question for ya:

Can I have my geeklog be www.myurl.com/index.php? The install has my index.php file inside of the public_html/ directory, making my geeklog's url www.myurl.com/public_html/index.php.

I have some annoying problems because of this. For instance my "home" link in geek log is aimed at www.myurl.com/index.php, and obviously it doesn't work since the file is in the public_html/ directory.

LWC

Forum User
That's easy...just put everything that's inside "/public_html" simply inside "/" .
Then tell config.php's $_CONF['path_html'] to use "/" instead of "/public_html" .

Actually, I've just opened a new site and thought to do the same, but I figured putting endless files and folders directly inside "/" would just guarantee a chaos.

Just imagine what a pain it would be to delete just those specific files and folders before upgrade to new versions!

So I decied to just leave all of Geeklog's public files and folders in a folder of its own. I ended up calling it "/main" instead of "/public_html" and left it at that.

willyfi

Anonymous
Hi.
If you are using Apache, you can define a VirtualHost, with ServerName www.yourhost.com and DocumentRoot /path/public_html. See the Apache documentation. It is easy to do. I think the same can be do with IIS.

So, any time you access http://www.yourhost.com the request will go to the public_html.

Sorry, my english is bad, but I hope you undestand me.

deesh123

Anonymous
You have both been very helpfull. Thanks! Chest-Slam Celebration

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:30 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content