Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 21 2024 @ 12:55 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

"Mime type" error


Status: offline

LCAngela

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 12/07/04
Posts: 6
Yep, I've searched, and nobody's touched my specific spin on this problem yet, so here I go:

When I try to attach a valid image to my article, I get this error:

Mime type, , or extension of blah.jpg not in list of allowed types.

There is no "invalid" mime type listed in the error.

It doesn't matter which image I use, the image type/extension, or apparently which version of story.php or usersettings.php I use (my slightly tweaked versions versus the distribution version). After reading through some of the previous "mime type error" posts, I checked everything that was suggested in them...stuff on my end appears kosher.

I'm running GeekLog 1.3.10 at the following URL: http://blog.lunaclick.net

I posted one story with successful attachments last week, and whatever changed did so in the past 7 days -- 5 of which I spent out of town and away from my 'puter. I tried searching my local drive for files modified since then, but I'm not seeing anything that would cause problems when I compare the edited versions with the original ones.

I did install the GL Forum after that successful attachment-ful post, but I decided not to use it and just disabled it. Thinking that might somehow (miraculously) be the problem, I uninstalled it completely, but no change.

Any thoughts?
"That's because it's -fly soup-, sir..."
 Quote

Status: offline

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Registered: 01/12/02
Posts: 13073
Location:Stuttgart, Germany
Have you tried using another browser or even another computer?

The mime type has to be sent by the browser. You or some software may have changed something in your local setup.

bye, Dirk
 Quote

Status: offline

LCAngela

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 12/07/04
Posts: 6
I tried it just now with Netscape 7.1 on my PC, and again with hubby's PC using IE 6 (which is what I normally use). I got the same error both times. There were no updates made between the December 15 security/critical updates released by Microsoft and yesterday, and as I said, it worked fine a week ago. Confused

Where in my local settings can I double check that everything is correct? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Dirk!
"That's because it's -fly soup-, sir..."
 Quote

Status: offline

LCAngela

Forum User
Newbie
Registered: 12/07/04
Posts: 6
I found out what the problem was...turns out my site host turned off the generic /tmp directory on their servers for PHP file uploads.

I generated a custom php.ini, correcting the file upload path as instructed by my site host, and the problem is gone! Mr. Green

Thanks for your help, Dirk. Smile
"That's because it's -fly soup-, sir..."
 Quote

donieeee

Anonymous
I have same problem Doh! - that was a mistake
 Quote

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:55 am.

  • Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content