Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, May 16 2024 @ 10:40 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Non-Admin user can't submit event when Persona Calender is off

samstone

Forum User
I turned the Personal Calender link off in config.php. Adding event as admin is fine, but when a non-admin user tries to submit an event, it shows this error:

"Sorry, the personal calendar feature is not enabled on this site"

No one was adding it to the personal calender. A user reported them problem and I couldn't find where the problem was. Then started to check other sites, logging in as a non-admin, found the same error.

Hope anyone has an answer, or it should go the bug report. I was testing on both GL1.3.9 and GL1.3.10.

Added: When I turned the personal calendar on. The event submitted by non-admin user goes to his personal calendar.

Sam

samstone

Forum User
Oops! It's a theme problem. Solved!

Sam

Bocca

Anonymous
while testing with geeklog-1.3.10rc3,

$_CONF['personalcalendars'] = 0 // personal calendar turned off , at least no link shows up

Now ( as wll as before personal cal was turned off )

any non-registered vistor as well as registered ones can submit any event to the main calendar which stays in q` for approval

as admin , when I enter I see those are waiting for the admin'a approval.

Now if the admin approves that it goes to main calendar, not personal

HOWEVER - the event submission does NOT show who submitted ( ie the name of the registered user if it ewas by a regstrd user ) . Is that normal ?

samstone

Forum User
That's normal.

I also sometimes wanted to see the owner of the event. I think I have done that in the past by modifying the template file, to include a column of user names.

You can examin how the story list template is created to include the owner of the story, and add the same column on the event list template.

You might also want to add it to the feature request, since it is a very useful item.

Sam

Bocca

Anonymous
Thanks Samstone.

If you have already done that, can that be included as a block or plugin or whatever downloadable.

Has other people here also felt the need Rolling Eyes

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:40 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content