Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 07:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Forum Install

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
groggy
After having one excellent install yesterday with forum on Geeklog (first try -right up and running), I am still working on the second site.
I keep getting this error:

Warning: main(/home/content/s/t/r/****/html/subscriblog/plugins/forum/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/s/t/r/****/html/subscriblog/public_html/admin/plugins/forum/install.php on line 53

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/content/s/t/r/****/html/subscriblog/plugins/forum/config.php' (include_path='/home/content/s/t/r/****/html/subscriblog/system/pear/:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/s/t/r/****/html/subscriblog/public_html/admin/plugins/forum/install.php on line 53
(of course *** are replacing text)

Now..line 53 of install php refers back to:
require_once($_CONF['path'] . 'plugins/forum/config.php')

but there is no config file in this folder??
I am using the same base file as yesterday for ftp upload.

Help...PlEASE!! Banging your head

Blaine

Forum User
You should then compare your install that works as there must a config.php for the plugin in the plugins/forum folder.

It's part of the archive and the archive should be restored completely under the plugins folder - creating the forum folder and the complete plugin.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
I just downloaded, Forum again and extracted it, as I could not find a config file under plugins/forum..

I must be getting tired, as I extracted over the other forum I had. I still cannot find a config.php in the plugins/forum directiory. There is one in the root directory of forum - however.

Think it's break time again.. my mind is getting muddled up. So darn frustrating , as yesterday all went off with no problem at all...

Blaine

Forum User
I think you are looking under the public_html/admin/plugins/forum folder - or as it's packaged in the archive forum/admin.

That is the admin scripts and I am referrng to the root folder of the plugin supplied archive. The archive is not restored under your public_html folder.

You may want to refer to the additional detail and graphic illustration here

Nightdude

Forum User
Chatty
No sooner did I put my head on the pillow, when after hours of pulling my hair out (those who know what I look like, know this is a difficult feat when you are already balding) it hit me like a ton of bricks what i was doing wrong.....

I am feeling very stupid right now.....(bowing head in shame)

It now works...Thanks for the help again..

John
Embarassed

Blaine

Forum User
Glad you got it - all makes sense after the fact Cool

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content