Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 02:53 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Mail people that are not members.

meme

Anonymous
I have very little php knowledge and wanted to know whether it would be possible to edit the 'mail users' form (admin/mail.php) to add an email field so I can mail people that are not members.

Or is this already possible in GL?

phpsocialclub

Anonymous
I am going to have to say no, because if they are not members you would not have any contact information on them. they have not signed up so they are not members

meme

Anonymous
yes but I do know my friends emails and just wondered if it was pos to have a blank field to type their email address into.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by meme: yes but I do know my friends emails and just wondered if it was pos to have a blank field to type their email address into.

But that would allow anyone to send email through your site. The spammers would love this ...

bye, Dirk

RickW

Forum User
Yea, this would be bad. Since the email would be unsolicited, you would be the spammer.

Perhaps you can ask someone for a Mailing List plugin, so your friends and other visitors could choose to sign up for the newsletter without creating an account? It would send an email to the visitor for verification, plus enter a queue for you to approve (so you or anyone else can't take advantage of the plugin for spam).
www.antisource.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:53 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content