Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:14 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

upgrade que, 1.3.8 to 1.3.8-1

tstockma

Forum User
If there's uprade/patch instructions somewhere that answers this, just tell me & I'll do it!

I applying my first patch, when I unpacked the tarball for it (geeklog-1.3.8-upgrade) I was delighted to see files divided into subdirectories (public_html, system), I thought I'd just FTP files to those destination subdirectories.

But now that I'm back on the web server ready to FTP, the files in my untarred subdirectories don't exist in the same subdirs on the server, they're typically one level up.

SO, are the tarball subdirs just helping me ID functionality? Meaning, I find the file on the server & replace it with the upgrade version? (config.php excepted, of course.)

Thanks for any help! tstockma
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by tstockma: But now that I'm back on the web server ready to FTP, the files in my untarred subdirectories don't exist in the same subdirs on the server, they're typically one level up.

Not sure what you mean. The upgrade archives have the same directory layout as the original tarballs. You must have moved the files / directories on your server ...

bye, Dirk

tstockma

Forum User
Sorry, dirk, it's been 14 months since I started things, and I don't remember changing directory structures...usually I take pretty good notes, but this isn't in them.

I will overwrite old files wherever they're located, and report back. Apparantly I did something stupid that works, but I'll eliminate it if I can when I go to 1.3.10.
Tom
www.southparkcity.com

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:14 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content