Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, April 17 2024 @ 09:45 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

mysqldump - Used to work, now it doesn't

Guybrush

Forum User
gloomy
Hello everyone,

I've suddenly started experiencing the common 'Not able to DB Backup within Geeklog issue' and am trying to work this out with my host. It used to work pefectly about a week ago, and now it doesn't. I receive the dreaded:

Incorrect path or mysqldump utility not executable.
Check $_DB_mysqldump_path definition in config.php.
Variable currently defined as: /usr/bin/mysqldump

Now since this previously has worked for me and after writing my host the response has been:: "The path for mysqldump is /usr/bin/mysqldump. This has not changed and we tested the binary and it works fine and the permissions are correct. Please try to configure Geeklog again the try using this binary."

I know something has changed whether it's for me or them. So my question is what exactly would my host need to know regarding the permissions of mysqldump in order to help correct this for me? It has been working perfectly until recently. After reading and reading on here the only solution I can come up with is either:

A)It's a permissions issue for me

CoolThe file isn't there

I'd like to take the high road and assume that it's a permissions issue though that they can fix quickly on their end. I think they've possibly been doing maintenance/upgrading and some things are a little out of whack as my Gallery software no longer does image watermarking which is something I'll post over on the Gallery software forums. That one tells me that the binary composite for watermarking is missing, only 2 of 3 ImageMagick binaries located... Fun stuff to say the least.

Thanks in advance for all the help,
Guybrush

gtgillis

Forum User
I had a similar problem when my host moved me to a different server. If you have telnet or ssh access then login and try "whereis mysqldump".

Guybrush

Forum User
confused
gtgillis,

I don't have telnet or ssh so I've Emailed them again letting them know that I've rechecked my paths and I've even done a 'test' reinstallation of the very first Fantastico Automatic Geeklog Install this weekend and that one doesn't allow me to DB Backup either.

That was the first version I used, upgraded, and was working before I was made aware of the PUBLIC_HTML issue and now have the proper/more secure installation at work (thanks Machinari!).

I never had any trouble and now I've got issues. <--(Good name for a song there...)

Thanks for the advice,
Guybrush

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:45 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content