Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 01:57 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

mail story sends straight text

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
caffeinated
Hello again,

I just noticed that when I use the "mail story" (not emailgeeklogstories) the result is an unformatted version of the story. I emailed myself a story from this site and it was correctly formatted. I've looked through the gl files and can't figure out how to change this.

I use htmlarea on the site, the default setting in config.php is html and the server is running PHP Version 4.3.9. I have gl v. 1.3.9 and use the 'mail' option for sending mail...

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by scroff: I just noticed that when I use the "mail story" (not emailgeeklogstories) the result is an unformatted version of the story.

Geeklog is always emailing stories as plain text, i.e. it's stripping the HTML.

Quote by scroff: I emailed myself a story from this site and it was correctly formatted.

The story may have been in plain text format to begin with.

The only real issue I see with stripping HTML is that all the links in the story are lost. I've experimented with using a class that collects the links and adds them as footnotes but haven't gotten to a point where felt it was ready to be included with Geeklog.

There's also a releated feature request. Feel free to add your thoughts there.

bye, Dirk

scroff

Forum User
Regular Poster
confused
Thanks, dirk. I was afraid stories are mailed in plain text, but when I send a story from this site it has breaks and paragraphs, when I send a story from my site, even after I wrote a test story in plain text, there were no breaks, it was like a long run on sentence. Even the seperator " ------------------------------" is on one line with the text.

Sorry to be a pain in the arse with this, but if I can fix it somewhere I'd like to. !

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:57 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content