Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 20 2024 @ 03:31 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Problem with filemgmt configuration settings

Starfury

Forum User
When I try to setup the configuration settings I get these error messages:

Text Formatted Code
Warning: fopen(/home2/starfury/plugins/filemgmt/filemgmt.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home2/starfury/public_html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1169

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/starfury/public_html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1194

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/starfury/public_html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1195

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/starfury/public_html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php:1169) in /home2/starfury/public_html/lib-common.php(961) : eval()'d code on line 1

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Well since it says permission denied in the first line I would check if you have all the permissions set correctly as desctibed in the setup instructions.

running linux?

Starfury

Forum User
Yes the server is running linux.

tokyoahead

Anonymous
well then check that you have set the correct permissions to the folders that you installed with the plugin. which ones you have to set is descibed in the instructions of the plugin.
You can change permissions the same way you changed the logfile and article images folders of your geeklog installation

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
ig ot a similar problem

Text Formatted Code
failed to open stream: Permission denied in /admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 1169

but i tried 777 all files even the main dir but nothing is working - makes no sense to me???

-Chrisitan

Blaine

Forum User
The plugin can only open files the webserver has permissions to read and smilarly write. This is always as it notes a permission related error. It's possible your FTP client is not telling you correct permissions or you don't have permissions set correctly at the directory level.

The error message quoted does not appear to show the actual file that can not be read. Check that it really is the correct full path to the file on the webserver.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by Blaine:The error message quoted does not appear to show the actual file that can not be read.

this error comes up when trying to populate the filemngmt plug with dl-able items:
Text Formatted Code
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/data/filemgmt_data/files/013.mp3): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/clubcqvn/public_html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 776

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpshfajq' to '/var/www/data/filemgmt_data/files/013.mp3' in /home/clubcqvn/public_html/admin/plugins/filemgmt/index.php on line 776

tokyoahead

Anonymous
maybe the path to yout temporary dir is not correct?

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by tokyoahead: maybe the path to yout temporary dir is not correct?

what should the path look like? - should it be /path/to/geeklog/filemgmt/ - i (think) i tried them all

i gave up after about 45 minutes of really looking into everything but any help is GREATLY appreciated!

-Chrisian

tokyoahead

Anonymous
well the path has to point to your actualt temporary directory, and this one has to be writable.

If you do not know where the tmp directory is on your server, you can always create one, CHMOD to 777 and point the path there.

doopisdotnet

Forum User
Chatty
Quote by tokyoahead: well the path has to point to your actualt temporary directory, and this one has to be writable.

If you do not know where the tmp directory is on your server, you can always create one, CHMOD to 777 and point the path there.

theres /home/myname/tmp that gallery uses - i can replace the 'var' path with this?

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:31 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content