Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 06 2024 @ 08:04 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Features Stories Not Displaying

Arcanum

Anonymous
I've got a weird problem that just started. I went and added a new story to my site, but it didn't show up on the main page. I set it as a featured story and to show it on the main page, but alas it will not be displayed. I tried deleting all of my entries (I only had two test ones) and then adding a new one, and that didn't work either. My static pages that I had displayed on the main page will now not also display. Basically nothing will display on the main page. I have no idea why this is and why it just stopped working. Any ideas?

Arcanum

Forum User
Junior
confused
Ok, I registered an account here now. Anyway, nothing will show up on my main site now except for the blocks, and a message saying that there is no feature story. Even though there IS a feature story, as well as a static page that is set to be a Center Block (so it will display on the main page). But nothing is displaying.

You can see it here, at http://www.aranami.net/gl
It's all in Japanese, but you will be able to see the problem I'm having. Any suggestions?

Euan

Forum User
I can see stories... so I guess you fixed that.

I usually tend to use UTF-8 rather than EUC-JP - seems to cause less problems all round.

Cheers,

Euan.
-- Heather Engineering
-- No job too small

Arcanum

Forum User
Junior
Yeah, I guess I should switch it to UTF-8. I just wasn't sure if it mattered what the Japanese translation was done in or not.

I still haven't figured out why stuff from my main page disappeared, and will now no longer appear. The only thing that will display on the main page is the blocks, no static pages or stories will be displayed. I'll switch it to UTF-8 and see if that fixes it, but I don't really think that is the problem since it was working fine before. Any other thoughts as to why this is happening?

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:04 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content