Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 19 2024 @ 12:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

ZClassifieds+RandomPhotoBlock Issue

Guybrush

Forum User
happy
--ZClassifieds + RandomPhoto Issue--

Well here's an oddball thing, at least for me...

I've managed to install both of these great programs, ZClassifieds & the Random Photo Gallery block, and it sorta-kinda works. On the homepage everything appears normal and functions properly, but when I click to go to ZClassifieds the entire right blockset doesn't show up and I get the following error:

Warning: phpblock_galleryrandomphoto(gallery/init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/guybrush/public_html/system/lib-custom.php on line 362

Fatal error: phpblock_galleryrandomphoto(): Failed opening required 'gallery/init.php' (include_path='/home/guybrush/public_html/system/pear/:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home/guybrush/public_html/system/lib-custom.php on line 362

Of course when I disable the Random Photo block everything shows up on the right as it should so I imagine I'm missing something goofy in either the random photo files, classified files, or my lib-custom.php.

Any help to get going in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Guybrush

PS-- I wouldn't be opposed to just removing the code which calls the entire right block column once you get to ZClassifieds (like the File Management does), I just would like to do it safely without messing everything up.

machinari

Forum User

sorry if this seems a silly question, But... Did you add the code for the phpblock to the lib-custom.php file?
That's about the best I can do for you not having actually used those blocks.

one other thing however... according to those error messages, it would seem that the contents of your <geeklog_dir> are all in your /public_html directory. You may want to have a look at that for the sake of security. A quick search of the forum here will reveal all.

Guybrush

Forum User
Machinari,

Yup, sure did have the code added. It still is goofy, but NOW you've brought my attention to a huge detail. The whole PUBLIC_HTML directory issue. Thanks for letting me know about that one. On my original GeekLog install, I used Fantastico from my hosting provider. I then downloaded and did the upgrade to 1.3.9sr2. Since I never installed the original myself I wasn't aware of someone being able to grab the database id and password from the config file. Yikes!

So now my more pressing dilemna is, would it be better in the long run to just move all those files, minus the ones that have to be in the PUBLIC_HTML folder up into that new folder in the directory root and then fix all my path statements for plugins, Geeklog, etc. or just back everything up, and then install 1.3.10rc2 from scratch as well as everything else. It would give me an opportunity to try out the PHPBB2 bridge and compare it to the features of this Forum without having to worry about breaking everything.

Interesting question huh?

Thanks again for making me aware of the whole PUBLIC_HTML issue,
Guybrush

machinari

Forum User

well, either way you go, it is a good idea to back everything up anyway.

If it was me, I would go witht he first option simply for the sake of effort. but if you have other things that you want to accomplish, by all means go for the gusto. keep in mind that 1.3.9sr2 is the latest stable release. 1.3.10 is still RC and may or may not cause you problems here and there.

Guybrush

Forum User
Backups definitely have saved me a load of time in the past so you're right on that one!

I'm still kicking the whole PHPBB Bridge thing around but after comparing this forum and PHPBB I don't really see a lot of things different. I think the Forum plugin covers pretty much everything you'd need in a Forum, it just doesn't have the big following that PHPBB has as well as a zillion themes for it, which is what most see. Beauty over functionality.

I think I'll try adding a splash of color here and there and see what I can come up with.

Thanks,
Guybrush

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content