Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:32 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Soon to come: Noclicker-plugin (but first I need some help)

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hey,
I'm desigining my first plugin and it's my first 'rea'l experience with php and MySQL. I've got the plugin working, it uses templates, language files, security and it installs and uninstalls. But I have a few problems. First I'm going to tell what the plugin does.

The Noclicker is a less serious plugin for Geeklog. All it does is showing images from an opendir wich are in a logical order like: img01.jpg, img02.jpg, ... It gives the user the option to enter these some values (url, prefix, suffix, number of images, etc) and then the plugin shows them the result. The result is shown on one page and everything is saved into the database. And the url the users see is something like this: "/noclicker/index.php?gallery=8". The admin have the option the manage the gallery's (changing them, deleting, they can see the number of views, etc.) Later I want to give the users the option to submit good gallery's to an admin so they can publish them.
It's a very nice plugin for babelogs or funlogs.

At this time everything is working, but I have some little questions:
On the admin screen everything is displayed in tables. But the problem is that some url's are quiete large so the table's are really big and go out of the screen in 1024*768.
Two other problems: the links to the noclicker don't apear in the menu bar and the admin block.

grtz
dimis-site.be

tomw

Forum User
On the admin screen everything is displayed in tables. But the problem is that some url's are quiete large so the table's are really big and go out of the screen in 1024*768.

Not sure what you want here -- if its a clickable url then hide the url and give a short title.

Two other problems: the links to the noclicker don't apear in the menu bar and the admin block.

You need to implement the functions:

plugin_getmenuitems_noclicker()
and
plugin_getadminoption_noclicker()

in your functions.inc

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
Thanks for the help tomw.

Wath I meen is that sometimes the url's are very big, so they make there table to big and there by you need to scroll horizontally. I'm sorry that I'm not that clear but that's because I'm not English.

grtz
dimis-site.be

NeoNecro

Forum User
Regular Poster
Hey,
I'm back again. I almost finished the plugin, but I'm sure there are alot of bugs in it and stuff, so I'm looking for some people to test it and tell me what they think about it.

The plugin installs and uninstalls and does everything a plugin should do. For now it comes with 2 languages: dutch and english (please check the English file for faults).

You can download rc1 from here.

For you guys who don't have a clue wat it does, it changes this to this. (I hope you guys don't mind if it has a little bit nude in it?)

grtz
dimis-site.be

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:32 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content