Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 03:41 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

tried everything...i think

affero

Anonymous
I finally got my geeklog site up and I am having a few issues. When I click on any on the header links I get the white flash error. You can see at here I cannot log in either as admin or moderator.

I tried the following after searching the site. I looked everywhere for white spaces and finally figured out, i think that when you mean white spaces on config.php you mean at teh end of the page after the ?> I removed those on the config.php and lib-common.php. It didn't work. I then thought maybe it was my editor in my control panel that was doing something strange so I used notepad and still nothing, I then though maybe it was my when I unzipped it so I tried winrar still nothing. I am at my wits end on this. I know it is something I am missing. Please if anone can look at the errors on the homepage i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance - Chris

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
The messages on top of your site say

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/allcoast/system/lib-database.php:459) in /home/allcoast/system/lib-sessions.php on line 185

So the problem is in lib-database.php. This file only has 457 lines, so you obviously have empty lines at the end of it.

Did you edit lib-database.php?

bye, Dirk

TomW

Anonymous
Its the old whitespace problem. Look at the beginning and end of every file you edited and remove the whitespace. Whitespace can be a regular space or a newline.

affero

Anonymous
Well I went through all my system files and removed all the white spaces at the bottom of the page and you were right. Now I need to upgrade Aghhhhhh....

Seriously Thank you very much for your help.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
You may also want to check the settings of your ftp client (if that's what you're using). Try uploading the files in binary mode.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:41 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content