Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 29 2024 @ 07:21 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

SQL error on attempt to comment on comments when not logged in

bob

Anonymous
tired
I am running Geeklog 1.3.9sr2, upgraded two or three days ago. I am not sure if I had this problem before, I don't believe there were any other comments on comments...

When a 'logged-in user' clicks on a link for a comment on a comment (a second-level comment on a story), a page is displayed with "An SQL error has occurred, please see error.log for details." This also happens if the user is not logged in at all. However, if a root/admin user is logged in, this error does not occur. The 'commentsloginrequired' flag in the config file does not effect this behavior, it works the same with both settings. My first thoughts are some sort of permissions problems due to the fact that that admin user has no problem, but the 'logged-in user' group does.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem, I wasn't able to find any information on it elsewhere. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, thanks.

-Bob

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by bob: "An SQL error has occurred, please see error.log for details."

And what is the error?

bye, Dirk

bob

Anonymous
Sorry, completely forgot to post that, stupid mistake:

The error is:

Thu Oct 14 11:18:26 2004 - 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 're%20all%20lemmings...&type=article&order=ASC&pid=13', request='GET', page='comm' at line 1. SQL in question: INSERT INTO gl_userstats Set uid='15', username='test', user_agent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)', ip='*edited*', host='*edited*', browser='MSIE', version='6.0', platform='Windows NT 5.1', date='20041014', dayofweek='Thursday', month='Oct', monthn='10', day='14', year='2004', hour='11', minute='18', referer='http://*edited*/article.php?story=20041011152350203', query_string='mode=display&sid=20041011152350203&title=We're%20all%20lemmings...&type=article&order=ASC&pid=13', request='GET', page='comment.php'

Thanks in advance

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
That looks like a problem of the stats plugin. There's an unescaped quote in there (for the "We're").

As a short-term solution, disable the stats plugin. Also see if you have the current version of that plugin and maybe notify Tom Willet of the problem.

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:21 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content