Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Tuesday, May 07 2024 @ 07:40 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Universal Plugin

Jody

Anonymous
Question on the Universal Plugin. I'm the Admin in the web site and Why am I getting this for.
Access Denied
Only Root Users have Access to this Page. Your user name and IP have been recorded.
Am I doing something wrong there. Another Problem. The Icon don't work either. If anyone know Why. Write me back. Still early over in Austraila.

machinari

Forum User
without knowing anything about what you are talking about, I'd have to guess that while building your plugin, you neglected to give the root user group proper, or any, permissions on the install routine.
check the security logic at the beginning of the index.php that you are trying to access. make sure that you fit the profile, or better yet, make sure the profile fits you.
that probably wont help much cuz I have no idea what you are referring to. Maybe you could be a bit more specific.

Jody

Anonymous
I change the way the Admin can use it and it work. I still don't have a Icon in there. All I got there is a box with a X in it. I got a Ideal. I might get that Icon to work. Put the Template in the Image or Temple Folder. Is that why it's not working.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
For a plugin named 'foo', the icon should be either

/path/to/geeklog/public_html/foo/images/foo.gif

or

/path/to/geeklog/public_html/admin/plugins/foo/images/foo.gif

bye, Dirk

tomw

Forum User
The universal plugin doesn't really do anything. It was meant to use for a skeleton to build plugins from. At this point it is several generations old and is in bad need of updating to reflect the new api's in geeklog.

It is not register globals safe and needs some other code cleanups.

Why doesn't some kind sole take it and update and rerelease it to help the new generation of plugin writers.

machinari

Forum User
Quote by tomw:At this point it is several generations old and is in bad need of updating to reflect the new api's in geeklog...
Why doesn't some kind sole take it and update and rerelease it to help the new generation of plugin writers.
I think I will take this on if nobody has any problem with that. If somebody has already done it, don't let me waste my time--let me know. I was taking a look at the plugin stuff in 1.3.10rc1 and became inspired. ... and I am a "kind sole" even if just a bit leathery.

tomw

Forum User
Good that needs to be done -- you might ask Blaine and Vinney if they have any input or thing they would like to see included. If you need any explanation or advise from me just ask.

Plugin writers have to have leathery hides to put up with some of the gruff they receive

caltman

Forum User
Junior
I would also like to thank you for taking this on. When the time comes I would be willing to give you some feedback.

I have used the Universal Plugin to create 2 personal use plugins. The one thing that I could never realy get a handle on was adding security features and groups and then giving the groups access to the features. If you could flesh the comments/documentation of that process I think it would be very helpful.

Best of luck,
Carter

trampoline

Forum User
Quote by: caltman

I would also like to thank you for taking this on. When the time comes I would be willing to give you some feedback.

I have used the Universal Plugin to create 2 personal use plugins. The one thing that I could never realy get a handle on was adding security features and groups and then giving the groups access to the features. If you could flesh the comments/documentation of that process I think it would be very helpful.

Best of luck,
Carter

I guess this did not get very far or is there one in developement...?

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:40 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content