Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 05:17 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Im needing help...

John

Anonymous
blank
How do I put my phpBB forum on my site.. Like on this site.. it says "Forums right by "Downloads.. How do i do it???

machinari

Forum User
just hard code the link into your header.thtml file(s) next to {plg_menu_items}... i think that is how it is spelled.

that's the idea anyway

John

Anonymous
Now.. Would I find that somewhere in my FTP?

machinari

Forum User
you are looking for the file: header.thtml. there is one for every theme that exists. so in your subfolder (theme folder) of your layout directory (should be public_html/xsilver/header.thtml for example) you will find this file.

you can edit it through your ftp client if you wish. most clients will allow you this one way or another.

You will need to edit every occurance of the header.thtml file, that is, from each theme available on your site.

don't forget to check out the phpBBBridge that Turias has released recently. There is a story posted in the announcements section on this site about it.

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
I don't know if you are aware of this or not but the forum on this site is not phpBB. The one used here is Blaine's geeklog forum plugin, which can be downloaded from this site and installed quite easily.

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:17 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content