Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 04:52 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

geeklog with oracle database

suresheva31

Anonymous
Hey guys,

I am just wondering that weather geeklog would work with oralce sql plus database because I am trying to create my own plugin, but the code I have witten for my previous site contains of php and oracle commands. IS there is any way i could interac wid sql plus database with geeklog?

regards

Suresh

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Well, in theory this should be possible, since Geeklog has some sort of database abstraction layer.

In practice, however, this requires some work on that layer. Someone did similar work on MSSQL support once, but, unfortunately, never finished or published it ...

The comments to this old story still pretty much apply.

bye, Dirk

Blaine

Forum User
If you are asking " Is it possible to include PHP code that is accessing Oracle or other database and then display the results in my geeklog site"

Then yes - no issues. I have written components that access other mySQL databases or MS SQL and then interacted or displayed the results withing Geeklog.

If you want to convert Geeklog to Oracle - thats a different story and Dirk's comments apply.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

suresheva31

Forum User
Junior
Hey..I do not want to move the whole mysql database to oralce database.....I want to keep that, where it is now. But I have written some module in php and oracle database, is it possible to create my own geeklog plugin for my own module with directing to oralce database?

Thanks

Suresh

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:52 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content