Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, May 03 2024 @ 07:28 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

user.php script problems?

ImprezaRacer

Anonymous
I've installed geeklog onto my server and I looked at the check.php page and shows that everything is working properly. However, every time I go to login with either the Admin or Moderator account already setup, it goes to the user.php page and then goes straight back to the index.php page like nothing happened. I read on some posts that people have been having the same problem, but they could see themselves on the 'Who's Online' and no menus, but it still just shows me having 1 guest online. Does the same thing when I click on new user. I thought it might of been a setting with my cookies, but then again I go to another site that has geeklog all the time and have no problems. register_globals is on. Any ideas? I'm probably missing something real obvious.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ImprezaRacer: However, every time I go to login with either the Admin or Moderator account already setup, it goes to the user.php page and then goes straight back to the index.php page like nothing happened.

Well, that's actually what it's supposed to do. It should, however, log you in when it does that.

Please check the FAQ for the typical login problems.

bye, Dirk

ImprezaRacer

Anonymous
I've gone through those and have tried various things for the cookie domain and it still happens. I can however, go into the admin folder and login and it works. But when I go to the account info or preferences, it asks me to login and after clicking submit, it takes me back to the logged in welcome screen. I try to log out and it just gives me a blank user.php page.

I've checked for white spaces at the end of the config.php and lib-common.php and they are fine.

The only thing in the error.log file is this:

*** dummy entry ***
09/18/04 19:50:48 - 1146: Table 'hermangeeklog.gl_sessions' doesn't exist. SQL in question: DELETE FROM gl_sessions WHERE remote_ip = '**.***.***.***' AND uid = 1

Any other ideas?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by ImprezaRacer: 09/18/04 19:50:48 - 1146: Table 'hermangeeklog.gl_sessions' doesn't exist.

Hmm, I assume this is from something you've tried earlier? Without the gl_sessions table, you wouldn't be able to log in at all ... Anyway, please check that you have 40 tables in your database and that gl_sessions is one of them.

Since it looks like it can't create a session for you, make sure that the database user has the proper permissions for the database (the permissions needed are listed in the answer to this problem, in the installation instructions).

bye, Dirk

ImprezaRacer

Anonymous
Yes, there are 40 tables and the gl_sessions table is one of them. You are more than welcome to try it out for your self.

here

I'm not too sure about the permissions for the user, but with the web hoster I am with, when you setup a MySQL database, you create a user/password to go with it. You can't add, delete, or modify users to that database. I'll check with support and see what they say.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:28 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content