Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 08:33 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Geeklog Keeps Resetting Itself !

UL

Forum User
Junior
I have installed Geeklog twice and it continues to reset itself. What is the problem. When it resets itself it seems that it has been reinstalled. I am the only person that has access to any type of admin account and my site isnt highly traffiked.

Thanks in Advnace

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
What do you mean by "resets itself"? Does it revert to an earlier state?

Is someone / something restoring the database maybe?

bye, Dirk

UL

Anonymous
sad
It reverts itself to how it was when i first installed it. It is like someone is pressing a reset button and it goes back to how it was the first day.

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
This is not something Geeklog can do by itself.

As I said above, something or somebody may be restoring an earlier version of the database. Also, if you still have the install script on your site, somebody may be messing with this.

Is this on your own server or are you using a hosting service? In the latter case, do they offer an automated install of Geeklog? Maybe something's malfunctioning there.

bye, Dirk

UL

Forum User
Junior
I reinstalled Geeklog, and i think i might have left the install script on the server. Im not sure what that is, could you tell me where i could find the install script so i could remove it.

To answer your other question, yes i have installed geeklog through Fantastico, a program that automatically installs scripts but the script has worked fine for about 1 month and i have had many users register, post comments and write journals so if it was Fantastico's fault wouldnt i have seen the problem sooner?

Thanks for your help.

comicbookguy

Forum User
Regular Poster
could you tell me where i could find the install script so i could remove it.

See step 8 of the installation instructions:

Once you see the success message, you are ready to go. You can now delete the admin/install directory (and all files within it).

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by UL: i have installed geeklog through Fantastico

Why do I always see that name in connection with weird problems?

Quote by UL: but the script has worked fine for about 1 month and i have had many users register, post comments and write journals so if it was Fantastico's fault wouldnt i have seen the problem sooner?

How is it initiated? Could someone / something start it without you knowing or approving it? You may also want to contact your hosting service to see if there were any irregularities.

Btw, I do assume you have a backup of your database that you could restore?

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 08:33 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content