Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Friday, April 26 2024 @ 10:00 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Bulding a News Related Web Site and i need some help

WebMaster9000

Forum User
thoughtful
After searching all over the internet i finally came up on thins place and i must say i am beyond impressed by this system that was bulit over here.

Now, what i am doing is i am make a news site for my school (run by students) all the stuff about the teachers and gossip... you get the picture.

And due to the fact that we are students (high school) our buget isnt that big (actually its NONE lol) so i came up on this.

What i really need from it is not the portal part of it i need the polls, news, news submit, forum, and calander, so what i was wondering is if i can shut off all these extras and have it just do that?

And i wanted to know if it is possibble to change the calender to be a hebrew calender (and only the calender but not the rest of the system) but not just change the language i mean change the whole format of the calender to be by the hebrew year, is that possibble?

Thankx in advance,
Ben

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by WebMaster9000: What i really need from it is not the portal part of it i need the polls, news, news submit, forum, and calander, so what i was wondering is if i can shut off all these extras and have it just do that?

If by "portal part" you mean the links section, then you could simply hide all links to it and just pretend it's not there ...

Quote by WebMaster9000: And i wanted to know if it is possibble to change the calender to be a hebrew calender

Geeklog's calendar isn't very customizable, I'm afraid. Your best bet would probably be to find a script that implements the calendar you want and then tie it into Geeklog. Depending on what exactly you had in mind for the calendar, this could be an easy task or a complex one ...

bye, Dirk

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:00 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content