Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Wednesday, May 08 2024 @ 07:58 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

help on installation process~

cinoz

Forum User
Chatty
i'm blur all the way how to install or how does geeklog works.. actually, i'm using php nuke before this.. and i have set up installed apache,mysql,php,phpnuke in my pc.. n i can view them using http:/localhost.
recently, i would like to use geeklog.. butm when i read the installation.. i just don;t know wat to do. how to make it works.. either to unzip it into my htdoc in my acpache,, or set up a new ftp etc.. i just couldn't understand.. anyone can help me..?? tell me rough idea wat it is all about.. i read the installation part but the commands tar, chmod, blur me up~ wat i need to do? ..confused n mix up with the apache and php nuke set up b4... PLZ>. help me~

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by cinoz: i read the installation part but the commands tar, chmod, blur me up~

It also seems to affect your typing ...

Alternative installation instructions are available from the documentation wiki. There's an image there that may help.

Another guide is here (also linked from the wiki).

bye, Dirk

cinoz

Forum User
Chatty
wat is that chmod instructions?? it is for wat actually? esp step 3

cinoz

Forum User
Chatty
SSH? need to be installed or how tp know my pc has the SSH? ty dirk~

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
chmod is the Unix command to change file and directory permissions. Try man chmod or your favourite search engine for more information.

If you want to install Geeklog on a remote machine, you need either SSH or ftp access to it. If you're going to install it on your own PC, you can do it from the command line instead.

In case you're on Windows (you didn't mention any operation system ...), you may want to try Aeonserv. It's a package containing (among other things) MySQL, PHP, the Apache webserver, and Geeklog and is supposedly easy to install (never tried it myself, though, as I'm not using Windows).

bye, Dirk

cinoz

Forum User
Chatty
owh.. ok.. ty.. i'm using win XP...

cinoz

Forum User
Chatty
hmm.. the site downst work..

10. Build database tables. The database you created earlier will now be populated with tables and data. Use your web browser to open the page

http://www.towsonhigh.org/admin/install/install.php

suggest other way of integrating database?

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by cinoz: suggest other way of integrating database?

The install script is the only supported way to fill the database.

If you can't even get that to work, then something's wrong with your setup anyway.

Of course, a description of what exactly is not working would help immensely ...

bye, Dirk

cinoz

Forum User
Chatty
angelic
ahaa.. ic ic.. at last.. i got my geeklog page done. thanx for the help dirk.. got it right now.. thanx so much~

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:58 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content