Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Saturday, April 27 2024 @ 04:14 am EDT

Geeklog Forums

Tell a Friend block?

tom

Anonymous
I'm sure this would be easy enough to create, but is there something out there already that could be used as a TAF feature? I just want an easy way for visitors to tell others about the site via an email. I would be able to change the default message and the user would be able to enter comments as well.

Thanks,
Tom

tokyoahead

Anonymous
It is easy. You might have a problem here however with people using the server then to spam.

you would need a speedlimit or a submission feature.

But anyhow, there is the feature to send a story to someone already. it also includes all the speedlimit. I guess the internam mail function COM_mail does the limit automatically?

I have written some static page forms that send emails, such as a reservation form for a restaurant. basically it revolves around using

Text Formatted Code
$result=COM_mail ($receiver-email, $title, $message,'', false, 0);

It is quite easy to make a function and include it into lib_custom.

If you have big trouble writing that yourself tell me.

ironmax

Anonymous
You can use Refer a friend, block. I run it on my site and I beleave it is what your looking for. Tony wrote it and someone else made changes to it. Anyways, I don't know who has the official site anymore for it as there was not much for instructions in the setup. You can get a copy of it from my site here. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them the best I can.

Mike

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:14 am.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content