Welcome to Geeklog, Anonymous Monday, May 20 2024 @ 10:20 pm EDT

Geeklog Forums

Help needed!

nuspirit

Forum User
I'm a complete noob with this stuff, more of a designer than a programmer... so any help would be much appreciated. This software looks great and I would like to try it out!

Here's my error

Warning: main(/host/pages/a/b/webpage.net/system/classes/template.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /host/pages/a/b/webpage.net/public/admin/install/install.php on line 603

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/host/pages/a/b/webpage.net/system/classes/template.class.php' (include_path='.') in /host/pages/a/b/webpage.net/public/admin/install/install.php on line 603

I've checked my config.php and lib-common.php files several times and I continue to get the same error. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction as to what I did wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Blaine

Forum User
We welcome designers to add to our nice library of themes and appreciate the work that recent members have contributed.

Sounds like you may have use dreamweaver to edit the lib-common.php.

Have a read of this here
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

nuspirit

Forum User
Thank you Blaine for your gracious welcome!

I used a free download I found: DPHPEdit to edit the PHP files. When I opened the PHP files with notepad, the info appeared pretty jumbled, hence the download of DPHPEdit.

Is there another text editor that will not jumble the php files or do I just use notepad?

Thanks again!

Blaine

Forum User
Not familiar with DPHPedit but Notepad will be fine for the casual use. I use Editplus myself.
Geeklog components by PortalParts -- www.portalparts.com

nuspirit

Forum User
Thanks! I'll give it a try!

tokyoahead

Anonymous
Notepad might not convert linebreaks always correcty. MS Worpdad is also good. I think files written on linux dont have the notepad CR or LF that is needed.

once you opened with wordpad and saved it as TXT-type .php, you should be fine with reading it in notepad also.

make sure your FTP client recognizes .php as a text-file. there should be a setting for that. I think this also influences how Cr/LF is transmitted when you download the files from a linux server.

also, when you used dreamweaver just make sure you take a new lib-common.php from the package to make sure the errors are not there anymore.

nuspirit

Forum User
I must be an idiot!

I am still getting the same exact error. I unpacked a new file with winrar, used EditPlus to edit the config.php and lib-common.php, still the same error.

I was using SmartFTP for transferring the files, but only found either binary or ASCII options for .php files. So I tried using the FTP client my virtual server host supplies to transfer the files, still same error.

Any other suggestions? The more I look at the functionality of this software, the more I want to try it!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Actually, I don't think this is a problem with file corruption. I'd say either your paths are not correct or the webserver doesn't have the permission to read the files.

So, going back to your first post:

/host/pages/a/b/webpage.net/system/classes/template.class.php

Does the file 'template.class.php' really exist in this path? The path looks a bit odd, but I assume you didn't want to post the actual path here and you only "made in anonymous" ...

If the path is correct and the file is there, check the permissions. Make sure the webserver can access the directory the file is in and the file itself. Did you see the bit about "chown" in the installation instructions (may not apply if you're on a hosted environment, but probably does if it's your own server)?

Hope that helps.

bye, Dirk

nuspirit

Forum User
I'm apolgise in advance for my ignorance of these matters... I am not sure if posting the actual path is a security risk or not.

I used the path generated at the bottom of the page generated by :

http://yourwebsite/admin/install/install.php to find the actual path of my server (its a VM server, I think). It there another method to determine the actual path other than calling my host?

The file 'template.class.php' does not exist in the /system/classes/ folder.

If there are no security issues to posting the actual path, I'll post it here, but everything after the .net part is accurate.

Thanks again for helping out here!

Dirk

Site Admin
Admin
Quote by nuspirit: The file 'template.class.php' does not exist in the /system/classes/ folder.

Well, that looks like the problem then. There should be 10 files in that directory.

bye, Dirk

nuspirit

Forum User
Dirk... you were right on the money! In fact, several folders did not get their contents loaded properly... I assume that is an issue with my FTP program.

Thank you all for your answers, and thank you Dirk for the solution. Now, let me check this this out!

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:20 pm.

• Normal Topic
  • Sticky Topic
  • Locked Topic
  • New Post
  • Sticky Topic W/ New Post
  • Locked Topic W/ New Post
  •  View Anonymous Posts
  •  Able to post
  •  Filtered HTML Allowed
  •  Censored Content